Chad

Chad
Chad age 13

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Long Road to Recovery:4 1/2 months later


It's been 4 1/2 months since I broke my elbow and had a metal plate inserted to keep it together. I can finally say that I see the light at the end of the tunnel. It amazes me how I thought this would be an easy fix, only to find that it's been a lot of pain and hard work.

How easily we take things for granted, the use of our limbs, how our bodies automatically work for us. It was very difficult for me to start using my left arm in daily activities, but each day has brought progress. I can see results from trying to use my arm on a daily basis.

I still can't straighten it fully, but I'm almost there. The stiffness is slowly easing away, and my muscles don't hurt as much. Now I still have days when my arm doesn't seem to want to work for me, or days where the pain just won't go away. I count each day as a blessing that I can do more.

I'm still not back to work, hopefully, I'll be back in September and also to have my arm fully functionalble. This worries me, that I will be able to work like I did before, I feel like I will never be like I was before. I guess I can't dwell on the negative, but to try my best.


No comments: